ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Central State Community Services, Inc. embraces an employment environment that promotes Individuals’ recovery and discovery, a Person-Centered approach to treatment/services and cultural competence. An employee in this or any position is expected to support the employment environment.
Formally recognizes the accomplishments of others when they display character traits valued by the organization.
The Direct Support Professional answers directly to the Assistant Home Supervisor and the Home Supervisor. He/She is responsible for completing all routine and assigned duties related to consumer care and home operations. Additionally, he/she is responsible for all other tasks, duties and responsibilities assigned or delegated by the Assistant Home Supervisor, Home Supervisor, Program Coordinator, and/or Executive Director.
- Assist or provide consumers with all aspects of personal care.
- Assisting consumers by lifting, transferring, and when necessary, to prevent injury, physically managing them.
- Accompany, assist and supervise consumers in the Community, and to events. Encourage appropriate, integrated social and recreational community interaction.
- Administer and document medications as prescribed by the Physician. Record errors on an Incident Report form or a medication error report form and report to the Home Supervisor immediately.6. Provide constant supervision of all consumers to assure that they are safe and do not wander from the home or yard.8. Maintain records and documentation as necessary and appropriate. SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Requirements:
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- 9. Perform any and all other duties, tasks and responsibilities assigned by the Assistant Home Supervisor, Home Supervisor, Program Coordinator and/or Executive Director.
- 7. Observe, document and report unusual behavior and/or incidents.
- 5. Assure active treatment and implementation of Person Centered Plans.
- Physical examination including pre-employment and annual Tb tests.
- Ability to relate with sensitivity to others.
- Evidence of emotional maturity and stability.
- Ability to recognize and record significant individual and group behavior.
- Willingness to take on tasks and duties as assigned.
- Ability to get along with people and to work as a team.
- Attend trainings and pass exams (tests) as required.
- Three or more positive references.
- Evidence of ability to handle crisis situations with calmness and objectivity.
- Ability to work without immediate supervision.
- Attend staff meetings and scheduled in-services and trainings.